Monday, June 27, 2005

The Journey of a Dream

Last week, the Dream-Giver took me on a ride that has changed my life - A ride I never thought I would take... And because of this dream, my life has changed. It's just the beginning now, I wonder how drastic the change this dream will bring in a few years time...

I share this dream together with the 3 partners-of-my-everything. We had to stumble through a few rough paths and some doubts, but we focused on a Godly purpose, a God-given dream… We held on to that dream, because we knew it came from the Unfailing source. Nothing’s gonna stop us now…

And so after giving (in my opinion) little but sufficient information to several people and a youth leaders’ meeting, we headed to KL Sentral… why do they name it Sentral instead of Central anyway? Come on, we don’t have to nationalize every word… I mean, do you have to show that it’s a Malaysian building considering the fact that it’s already IN MALAYSIA? Hope they have a greater purpose than what I assume it to be…

So anyway… Along for the ride I brought some snacks, 2 two-way train tickets, a bag of luggage, my best friend, and the prayers of Kingdom-partners. We rushed down to the platform with our burger and fries and walked along this long, long train. Took us a while to find Coach K1, long enough to regret waiting in line for our McD. But we made it eventually. Turns out that the burger and fries did much good, even without chilly sauce.

We tried, but we probably had only 3 hours of sleep. And the fact that there are no announcements whatsoever didn't make our ride a peaceful one. We had to always be on alert for our stop. Mind you, the sign boards are small (there's only one sign board at every stop) and we're travelling at night. There was this once where the train stopped at Kulai. When it started to move again, May saw the signboard again. And there it was, under the words "Kulai" was in small print - Kempas Baru. I hurried to the door, opened it to check how fast the train was (yes, I was contemplating of jumping down). I headed back to our seat and my secretary reminded me to ask an officer for accurate information. To our relief, he told us that the small print indicated the next stop, which was 10 minutes away... AHHHhhh...

Along the journey, we talked, we prayed, we assured each other by reminding ourselves of the purpose of this journey.Upon on our arrival, my best friend and I were greeted by the millions and millions of.... Nah, no millions. In fact, none of our contacts knew where Kempas Baru was, so we had to pick ourselves up. We were greeted, though, by friendly staffs who taught us how to catch a ride to Skudai. We thanked them, used their toilet, and recovered from the scare. Before we walked down the stairs to the place where the bus will stop, we admired our Dream-Giver's creation and thanked Him for the beautiful scenes, the safe journey, and a clear purpose.

After a satisfying small breakfast, another visit to the toilet, and yet another disappointment towards public transportation, we left that never-heard-before place to fulfill a God-given dream. You see, there were some confusion and different ideas as to why my best friend and I made the trip. No one knew - not even I did - what this dream is all about. Only the Dream-Giver knows, and we were just willing vessels who heard that voice and answered the call. Really, isn't that all that matters?

"No eyes have seen, no ears have heard, of the good that the Lord has prepared for those who wait on Him and hear His voice."
"...for He is able to do exceedingly and abundantly more than what we could ever dream or imagine..."

In our hearts we kept these words... and so we ran. Not knowing what was and is ahead, we held on to that dream. And this dream may cause much discomfort to many people. There may be fighting, judging, hurtful words, misunderstandings, conflict and strife... I know He didn't promise us a bed of roses when we choose to follow His will and run with His dreams. But I know He said that He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. So we are running on the track He asked us to choose, holding on to truth, and believing that through us the Dream-Giver will pour out His life. This is our hope, this is our dream, this is our God-given dream. And I believe that there's nothing in this life could be more fulfilling than running with a God-given dream...

And after RM123 worth of train tickets, 10 meals, 4 visits to a public toilet and 3 trips to the train's toilet (we had a interesting discussion as to how it works), one bath… my best friend and I return to our second home with many beautiful memories and a burden for two little children. Funny how the need has been there for so long now… So many times we fail to see what really matters. God help us, because it’s time to work hard – for meeting needs, sharing dream, inspiring others… and a thinner waistline… ni!!

p.s :

Joe, I really wonder how you come up with the idea that May and I are getting engaged soon. Soon lah, but not that soon...

Jason, thank you for understanding my heart.

May, thanks for coming along for the journey. You know I couldn't do it without you. We share this dream together.

Dream-Giver, You make all things beautiful. Thanks for the opportunity. I know I'm not worthy.

No comments: