Monday, May 30, 2005

I'll take it

Sunday marked the end of May programmes for our youth ministry. Joseph and Caleb took the lead in guiding our young dreamers to worship the Dream-Giver in spirit and in truth. I believe He has done a great work through these two willing servants. And now the young dreamers are runners with a knowing that “I actually do have an offering to give to Him”. The ‘how’s may still not be crystal clear for everyone, but I strongly believe that the Dream-Giver rewards those who earnestly seek, and that wisdom and grace are provided throughout the journey.

And therefore the programmes have caused a movement, a wave, a momentum… but more importantly, a stirring to live the worship life. Who else could have done this work if not the One who made all things out of nothing?

We had such a great uninterrupted time just worshipping God, rededicating our lives and experiencing His love just a little bit more. I wished that we had recorded the whole thing. In fact, the Dream-Giver has been just awesome among us, especially since the beginning of the year, that I want to record everything down in every way possible. Written, photographed, taped... But then again, maybe such moments should come everyday of our lives. Won't you want that? I think He intended for that. Yes, even here on earth.

Sunday also marked an important encounter my Dream-Giver. As we were allocated time to totally focus on worshipping, I connected with Him. I told Him my desires, my failures to fulfill them, and my need of greater power. He reminded me that He shared His dream with me because He trusts me, and despite my lacking of pace He still remains the same – yesterday, today, everyday.

I felt His eternity, His calling, His faithfulness, His love and grace. I remembered that the sun is still shining. It is still day. I shall work.

Psalm 8:3-4
When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers,
The moon and the stars, which You have ordained,
What is man that You are mindful of him,
And the son of man that You visit him?



I’ll take it, my Friend. I’m trying my best to honour that trust. Thank You for sustaining me and keeping me around, even though I’m not Your best student. Need Your strength. I’ll take it, Lord.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joseph said it was a trap for us..Honestly, it was a excellent trap...

Through out the whole service, the atmosphere was really awesome..most of ur was drunk in the love and mercy of God...tears shed..heart been touch..GREAT!!!

Anonymous said...

Joseph said it was a trap for us..Honestly, it was a excellent trap...

Through out the whole service, the atmosphere was really awesome..most of ur was drunk in the love and mercy of God...tears shed..heart been touch..GREAT!!!

_kacau_

Luke Chan said...

God as Dream-Giver. wow!!!
His Dream for His Kingdom to Come on earth as it is in Heaven: by utilising all our God-given gifts, passions and resources.
His Dream to see His Image restored in human relationships. The thrill, the excitement of it all.

Anonymous said...

Joash Chan How you doing? While searching for dream well just surfing really. I found your blog. I was into dream or looking for such things but I'm so tired Ican't stay awake any longer. now I'm not making any sense, see ya.! ZZZZzzzzz

Anonymous said...

Hi There Joash Chan how you going? I was sufing blogs for information on dream dictionary and I came across yours. while this post wasn't exactly what I was looking for, It was most interesting. I can see why I found your page when I was looking for dream dictionary stuff. Thanks for the read!