Friday, March 07, 2008

Justice, Mercy, Faith

My mind has been stuck onto this verse in Matthew 23:23 for a long time now... JUSTICE, Mercy, FAITH - Jesus calls them the weightier matters of the law. & a month later I'm beginning to make sense of it all... Here are my thoughts...

Now, justice & mercy. Justice is giving what one deserves, while mercy gives what one doesn't deserve. Perhaps the only way to practise both elements is to do it unto others. Fight for the weak & the ones without voice, champion their cause & stand for their rights; give mercy to those who hurt you, & forgive those who have done you wrong. Faith, is knowing & believing that as we follow God's way of justice & mercy - by forgoing our own - He'll carry us through with His endless supply of love & compassion towards us. Selah...

My desire is to be able to practise justice, mercy, & faith all throughout my life & still have JOY everyday... I pray that God will teach & guide me each step of the way.

I shared this verse with the youth (where I emphasized on Faith) & dear Phoebe was jotting down notes...


Click picture for bigger view

No comments: