Friday, September 21, 2007

About Yvonne

Yvonne will be the first to tell you that she has this strange notion of doing what she knows is wrong, & not following through with the conclusion "ya I need to stop doing that". She doesn't realise that she has managed to come to a realisation that many has not - we knowingly, repeatingly, willingly & foolishly, plunge into the same pile of shit. The next question we have to ask ourselves is WHY, but why bother? There's no reasonable answer to justify our unreasonable behaviour. We should just stop it. God help us all.

Yvonne tells me that she likes talking to me because we don't just talk about currents issues or the weather, & there's always some truths to be pondered upon. Well, as much as I enjoy saying things that provoke minds into deep reflection, I love to have such conversations with 'un-churched' people, because I too benefit from those moments. Her honesty about her own life has driven me to look into my very soul & do some... well... soul-searching.

And out of the much reflections lately, this one is a lesson learnt - that when we really humble ourselves & not be judgemental, the people around us - churched or not - can serve a mirror for our souls. And if we are willing to listen, we'll come to our senses & take steps to get ourselves out of that pile of shit...

Yvonne, thanks for sharing & thanks for listening.

No comments: