Saturday, March 26, 2005

Deeper, Sweeter, Brighter

I think maturity is knowing that we are not always right, and we can't learn everything by ourselves.

In my life, I've come to a stage where I know that there'll always be areas in my life that I need to improve, I'm sure you would agree. There will be those times where you look back at your life - be it 10 years or even 10 minutes ago - and you'll say, "Man, that was DUMB!! How could I be so careless?"

The worst part of such a scenario that no one says anything about it!! Not to me, at least... They could be gossiping about it right now!! Why didn't anyone correct me on the spot? I could have admitted my mistake and apologize to everyone involved immediately, instead of having to now remind everyone how stupid I was earlier and then say sorry...

Am I not open enough to receive rebuke and correction in their eyes? Or is our relationship not genuine and strong enough to freely discuss each other's mistakes and falls? Is pride so evident in my life?

I want my life to be a journey towards Christ-likeness, not circling the wilderness making the mistakes over and over again without knowing and without growing. I want to love deeper, speak sweeter, shine brighter. And it must begin with a surrendered life and a humble heart, I know…

Psalm 111:10 The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom.

Job 28:23-28 "God surely knows where it can be found, for he looks throughout the whole earth, under all the heavens. He made the winds blow and determined how much rain should fall. He made the laws of the rain and prepared a path for the lightning. Then, when he had done all this, he saw wisdom and measured it. He established it and examined it thoroughly. And this is what he says to all humanity: `The fear of the Lord is true wisdom; to forsake evil is real understanding.' "

Proverbs 3:6-8 Seek his will in all you do, and he will direct your paths. Don't be impressed with your own wisdom. Instead, fear the LORD and turn your back on evil. Then you will gain renewed health and vitality.

2 comments:

raycheerache said...

Hie!!
Just wanna say that i so totally agree with everything u said.. And guess what?? I visited ur blog!! Hahaha!! Anywayz.. I like ur blog.. I think it's easy to relate to stuff u say.. =) GOD BLESS!!

Anonymous said...

...yes. may we be transformed by the renewing of our mind. Every single day.