Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Bright Enough

As I was walking along the hallway of my college, my eyes found a poster on a door. It's a beautiful picture of a lighthouse by a rocky beach with a saying below that goes like this - "If a man does not know where he wants to go, no light is bright enough to guide him".

Sounded like a practical advice to me. At least it used to be... I mean, it's just so simple. If you're in a car, in the middle of the night, and you don't have a destination in mind, no amount of street lights or roadsigns can guide you. They may suggest to you where you should go, but ultimately, you're the one that's going to make that choice...

Unfortunately for my generation, many don't know where they want to go or who they want to be. Everyone is searching for something to take away and replace the emptiness that fills their empty souls... They look around for suggestions - parents, teachers, businessmen, celebrities, clubbers, party-goers, religious people - and all they see are happy faces with miserable souls, grabbing hold on things of the world that would only bring momentary entertainment, glory, and happiness. Some come to their senses earlier than others, some refuse to face the truth. And in everyone's mind there's one question : "What in the world am I here on earth for?"

There is more to life that chasing down every temporary high....

John 8:12 Jesus spoke to them again, saying, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. "

Why don't you try Jesus? He's bright enough to guide you. He can light your way to the truth. Stop searching - only in Jesus will you find everlasting love, peace, hope and purpose.

No comments: