Saturday, November 24, 2007

2nd Prize

On the way to Menara Star this morning, I keep trying to imagine myself letting out a shout of victory, but I just couldn't. Neither could I imagine myself out of the top 3 placings. For the past 2 weeks I've been getting mix reviews from friends, mostly positive ones. Even so, one can't help but to think about the mistakes we made - we should have done more research & planning before the contest; we shouldn't have wasted almost 2 hours in Rawang; I should have used Adobe Premier Pro for sound mixing; boy we should have had time for Penang food...



It was really nerve-wrecking to wait for the results with May & Freddi. The MC was counting down from 10th place & we kept saying "don't call our name, please don't call our name". Good thing we were told beforehand that we were in the top 5, haha!! But in the end, we were beaten by a worthy opponent, & the results were fair. It's a bittersweet feeling, though, knowing that there was a 50% chance we would get first prize and RM2000 more.



Well, all in all, I'm grateful for the outcome of my first attempt in a video competition and my first taste of fame. Knowing that I could have done so much better with the video, I have confidence moving forward.




A big THANKS to all those who voted for us.

2 comments:

tZeWa said...

congrats joash!! weeeee...

j4s0nk4ng said...

i dunno...i watched all of the videos and i thought for the video editing part, you guys did the best..haih, its a close call tho, 2nd place is a good achievement, and well, a good encouragement to buck up to make it for 1st place next time...