Monday, April 09, 2007

A Welcomed Change

April 7th was the start of a new beginning. Youth service is no longer held on Sunday afternoons, where lunch eats into our time & results in short attention spans.



previously, people would just lay flat on the floor, with pillows and blankets!!


Now we'll meet on Saturday evenings, 6pm, after our 1 hour prayer time. Personally I like the change. Now I have to prepare my sermons earlier, but I don't have to stay up late on Saturday nights for it. Then of course Sunday afternoons is freed, so I can actually do more good with the time that I have now.

Yes, I could even sit down and preach.


It felt good preaching that evening. Everyone was more relaxed and casual. People seemed more focused & receptive after praying. The music team also did really well in preparing. I saw the practice at 2pm, and it was really cool watching 2 acoustic guitars strumming in unison. They prepared 3 songs, but it felt more appropriate at that time to just sing 1.

I shared from 2 Corinthians 5:14 -15. In spite of some trouble with the music stand, I still managed to get the point acrossed. I had 3 points prepared too, but again it was more appropriate to stick to point 1.


Jezreel is making a pulpit for the youth service. How cool is that? Hopefully it'll be more stable than this music stand.


Honestly, if it were not for the carpet and curtains, the small classroom would have really looked like a toilet. So I must thank the church for making this temporary setting look so good. Of course need to give credit to Caleb for preparing the sound system. Samuel, thanks for leading the prayer meeting & also vacuuming the carpet. Must also thank everyone for praying, your prayers did prepare the place. And the music team - Benjamin, Jezreel, Jason - for taking your role so seriously & yet be able to make the song assembly fun.



Our first ever youth service was absolutely swesome. God be praised. Hope to see the rest of the youths joining us for the second youth service ever. Remember, it's Saturday, 6pm. See you.

No comments: