Wednesday, April 18, 2007

2 Corinthians 5:16-17

2 Corinthians 5:16-17 - Therefore, regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him thus no longer. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

I like this scripture. Because of His death, I now participate in HIS LIFE - it tells me that I'm bigger than my body gives me credit for. My status in society, my ranking in the office doesn't define who I am or what I can do. I am part of the movers and shakers of the society. I can actually make a difference. I can look at the happenings around me & not be depressed, because I have the power to turn things around. I'm a new creation. The possibilities are endless.

I believe that this scripture also encourages us to not regard others according to the flesh. To look at others through God's eyes; to stop placing pre-judgements on people. I remember I had this dislike towards a particular person for the longest time. I would constantly get frustrated and angry (I'm sure I had the same effect on him). It was only years later that I decide to stop pre-judging him, to stop considering all our past encounters & place a label on him. I ask for his forgiveness, and made a vow to give of us a fresh start EVERYTIME we meet.

Since then our relationship has been so much better. We both were happier people. Having this perpective might not change the other person, but it would be so much more easier to love that person. After all, isn't that what God asks of us - to love our neighbour?

God I thank You for a new identity in You. I thank You for the cross that opened the way for me to be an heir of the Kingdom. I thank You for Your love upon me & I totally love the way You think of me. Teach me to love others the same. Amen.

No comments: