Wednesday, November 29, 2006

"Thanks for not giving up on me"

I remember the times where I gave up. When I was 15 I gave up on public school teachers & went on to study on my own for SPM. When this job of mine got too taxing for me, I gave up my tuition classes. I treated them as ministry, but I couldn't take the stress anymore. The student's mom actually came & spoke to me about how her son has improved as a person since coming for my classes. I promise i would call up my student, but I got distrated & I gave up. I have no idea how he is doing now. I can recall the time when I gave up on patching things up with an individual in church. A while ago I gave up hope on several more, citing "leave them to God's hands" as an excuse. And oh the amount of times I gave up on HOPE ITSELF.

I'm quite sure that there's a difference between giving up on a person or a situation & leaving it to God, and giving up doing things your own way & start working alongside God. But I'm not sure which I have done more.

David fought the lion & the bear to save one sheep. Easily he could value his life greater than the sheep's & just leave it to God. He upheld his part of the deal by pursuing the enemy, and God gave him the strength to defeat the enemy. They worked together to protect the sheep.

God, forgive me for the many times I have given up on the sheeps that you have entrusted to me. I have let You down. I don't want to do that anymore. At the end of my race, I want to hear those words "thanks for not giving up on me". I want to uphold my part of the deal, I want to keep my word. And I trust You will extend Your helpful hands to assist me & guide me through every trial & every difficulty. I love You, God, and I will feed Your sheep with You. Thanks. For not giving up on me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love your passion and your prayer at the end, Joash..

peace,

jeff