Thursday, April 13, 2006

Storm. Peace.

Have been going through a roller coaster ride with my thoughts and emotions lately. It's so hard to hear the prompting of the Spirit sometimes, with so many thoughts, so many suggestions, so many mixed emotions, so many things to be done, so many things want to be said. So many things I want to let go, but don't want to lose. Courage spurs me to march on without fear, but caution gets me to pay attention to fear. I fear that lives would be sucked dry by the world because of my silence; I fear that lives would turn away from God because of my frankness.

Sometimes I even wonder why I feel the need to say the things I want to say or write the things I write... Where's my direction? What's my motivation? Who am I anyway? Why do I have to be concerned about all these things? Why do I think of my words and actions as life-death factors? Am I being self-righteous? What makes me think that anything I do would make any significant difference? I know the answers to all these, or at least I think I do. Need to hear that still small voice again...

This weekend is VisionCast Sunday 2006 for my church's youth ministry, along with Easter Sunday. I have to prepare for my sharing on VisionCast and make the video too. Please pray for me. It's going to be a long week. I pray that God will bless the works of my hand this week, as well as those worshippers who truly desire to please our Dream-Giver. I pray that none of us would be doing something for the sake of tradition or just doing something, especially on Easter weekend. Peace and joy be upon you as you go about serving God. Always remember, though, that the source of everything you could ever ask for is in the Dream-Giver.

No comments: