Monday, December 25, 2006

Why Christmas Isn't That Merry

Christmas isn't that fun for me, really. It's a holiday for most people, but for the past few years Christmas has meant more work for me. Church events, performances, scripts, plays, carolling, visitations... It used to be easier when I was still studying. But now things are different. I've changed too. I find it odd that we Christians work so hard during the Christmas season... we start calling friends that we've never spoken to for ages. It's like all of a sudden we're so concerned for them. It's really good, but it's only once a year. Supposedly this is the best time of the year for people to experience the love of our God, but instead what we give is just Christmas songs & presents, warmer handshakes & sweeter smiles...

Love must be continually expressed.

Apart from the movie I'm working on, I'm basically off the hook this year. And I wasn't suppose to be involved in the script in the first place. It's an interesting experience, really. To just sit back & relax... there were like 3 or 4 plays done by our church this time around, seems like everyone's getting the bug. Haha... and they were really good, & all without me getting invovled. Next year I don't want to be involved with any Christmas duties... just want to enjoy the season & visit friends...

My best friend met an accident on Christmas Eve & passed away on Christmas morning. I was only 16 years old, and she was a year older than I was. It was devastating. Christmas has never been the same again. She's the main reason I've not taken up driving. I fear the responsibility. Seriously. It's been 6 years now, and I know it's time to put this fear behind.

No comments: