Thursday, January 13, 2011

Starting The Year Right

In my previous post, I highlighted some of my 'first' moments with New Life & LifeXtreme. But I believe the most significant one yet will be coming this Saturday at 4pm - youth prayer meeting. Last Sunday, I launched LifeXtreme's Prayer Month 2011. Lately, I just felt God calling us into a time of prayer as He dropped scriptures into my heart.

In Matthew 6:25 - 34 Jesus tells us not to worry, and boy, how tough that can be!! Everyday my heart is troubled with worry - in spite of having experienced God's faithfulness & goodness. John records that Jesus calls us to abide in Him, otherwise we will accomplish nothing. It has indeed been a struggle for me as I battle through, holding onto God & waiting patiently for Him to swoop in and save the day. Circumstances & words get in the way of us wanting God's kingdom & His ways - as we have books & websites & other churches & ideas & formulas to tell us what needs to be done to build an awesome, exciting, attractive youth ministry.

But above all else, I'm desperate for God. Better He than I to come save the day. Lives, dreams & great potentials are at stake and I do not want to be in the way of God's movement. I desire His Kingdom, not my ministry. All I trust is what God says; all I do these days is depend upon Him; all I hope is a miracle from above.

Oh Lord, haste the day!!

No comments: